2k16 interhackerspaces xmas swap
From Frack - Hackerspace Friesland
|Je kijkt naar een activiteit die in het verleden heeft plaatsgevonden|
|Activiteit: The great 2016 Inter Hackerspaces xmas goodies swap|
|Datum||18 december 2016|
|Einddatum||31 december 2016|
|Coördinaten||0° 0' 0", 0° 0' 0"|
|Activiteitenoverzicht – Activiteit toevoegen|
- 1 The great 2016 Inter Hackerspaces xmas goodies swap
- 2 The idea:
- 3 What could be put in a box
- 4 want to participate?
- 5 Who, what, deadline
- 6 Package swapping at CCC congress
- 7 After you've received your gifts:
The great 2016 Inter Hackerspaces xmas goodies swap
Last year Frack organized the first Inter Hackerspaces xmas goodies swap, we had a blast!, several hackerspaces signed up and send each other awesome boxes full of surplus little bits n pieces, personal projects, signed photos of their spaces. Almost as soon as the first boxes started arriving, we saw the first Unboxing video's and pictures being posted, some spaces even made a unboxing event for the goodies they received. Given last years success we'd love to grow the pool of participating hackerspaces to include some spaces abroad too.
As most hackerspaces have lots and lots of shiny little toys, tools and useful bits lying around, but usually there's more than one of each, where a single project might use just a single item. We thought it would be great idea to send gift boxes to other spaces sharing our love for hacking with them. Possibly inspiring them with project we have lost interest in, or stuff we simply don't know how to use effectively.
Lets share, lets make new friends and lets make this a tradition that delivers enthusiasm to all spaces around the globe like a tree with presents underneath it used to do all those years ago.
What could be put in a box
Monetary value isn't what we are looking for, its about sharing options, about sharing your space's projects or possible just inspiring other spaces to do something awesome with stuff you have a plenty but just can't figure out.
So, stuff like:
- PCB's of custom projects
- An usb-stick with pictures / details, sources from your space, maybe a little puzzle?
- Little odd pieces of electronics that inspire great new projects.
- Expensive (when bought) stuff that you have aplenty but other will probably never be able to get their hands on.
- An invitation to your space, stickers, flyers etc from local hacker friendly places.
- Your local foods, or the ingredients and a makefile
Possibly less than ideal stuff to receive
- Computer parts that most spaces will have aplenty anyway
- Huge machines (wont anyone think of the shipping costs)
- Stuff that might break in transit
want to participate?
We'd love (honestly we do) to ship stuff all over the world, and receive gifts from (new) friends all over the world in return. Outbound shipping costs will be something you'd have to pay yourselves, inbound should be covered, and for once If you ship abroad, make sure to mention its a Gift as it really is!
Pick a number of spaces of the list, at random, or by euclidean distance, we don't care, and ship them a gift box.
Who, what, deadline
Add your space's name, address and deadline to the list below.
- Postal adress:
- Wilhelminaplein 12
- 89 111BS
8911 LJ Leeuwarden
- Leeuwarden, nl
- Will ship giftboxes to all spaces signing up before 18th Dec 2016.
- Groenestein Beheersoftware, tav Bastiaan
- Nudepark 91
- 6702 DZ Wageningen
Will ship boxes to those who sign up before 2016-12-18
- Has sent boxes to 8 spaces :) 2017-01-29
- Received from; Hal9k, Shackspace, Hack42, Revspace & Bitlair , (tkkrlab's on interhackerspacemail)
- Wont unpack till at least tkkrlab's is here
Aims for just below 10kg per package.Adjusted packagesizes a bit
- Ho Ho Ho
- Spoorlaan 5 D, 2495 AL
- Den Haag, NL
- We have shipped to 6 dutch spaces (Bitlair, Frack, TechInc, Nurdspace, Hack42 and Tkkrlab) around the 19th of december
- So far we have received: 1 package from Shackspace (thnx, not unboxed yet)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- packages to:
- Joachim Schiele
- Herrenberger Strasse 69
- 72070 Tübingen
- contact: email@example.com
- Will ship boxes to 5 randomly chosen participating spaces.
- packages to:
Hal9k c/o Torsten Martinsen
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will ship to the spaces that sign up before 18th of December 2016.
- Louwesweg 1
- 1066 EA
- Hackspace Schwerin e.V.
- Hagenower Straße 73
- 19061 Schwerin
- +49 385 3993 - 365
- We will ship to 5 spaces who sign up before the 2016-11-28.
- Will send a few (probably about 4, actual number depends on available monies/shipping costs) boxes around beginning of December
- Address: 57North c/o Tom Jones, Room 210, Fraser Noble Building, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB24 3FX
c/o Spedition Kübler
- we will send a few packages in the second week of december
- Ariane 24
- 3824 MB Amersfoort
- Utrecht, NL
- We hope to send giftboxes to all, but depending on costs and availability of materials, shipping will be around 18th December 2016.
- Shipping adress, don't visit our space here:
- tulpenstraat 15, 7601 AX
- Almelo, NL
- Will ship to dutch spaces signing up before 18th of December 2016 by hackerspace post.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Shipping address (only for this occasion!):
- Edisonbaan 4
- 3439 MN Nieuwegein NL
- Will ship giftboxes to all spaces signing up before December 18th, 2016.
- no radioactive waste this time.
Open Space Aarhus
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will ship boxes to 2 random spaces in Europe signing up before 18th Dec 2016.
- packages to:
- Open Space Aarhus c/o Mark Moore
- Thunøgade 39,st.
- 8000 Aarhus C
- Open Space Aarhus c/o Mark Moore
- Address, url, name, how many boxes you might want to ship, and where.
Package swapping at CCC congress
Lots of people will visit the 33C3 congress after Christmas. As a way to avoid shipping costs, it could be a good idea to exchange boxes during the congress.
I'll be there:
- Nemoriety / Bitlair
After you've received your gifts:
Plant a tree, watch it grow, and put all received boxes underneath it. Gather round hackers! Open the boxes, and describe on video/audio/wiki the contents and who gifted it to you.
List the wikipage / audio / video here for all to see!
- 57 North hacklab ➡️ Frack:
- Hal9k ➡️ Frack:
- Revspace ➡️ Frack:
- Hacklabor ➡️ Frack:
- KellerLab ➡️ Frack:
- RevSpace ➡️ Bitlair:
- Hacklabor ➡️ Hal9k:
- 57North ➡️ Hal9k:
- Hack42 ➡️ Hal9k:
- Frack ➡️ Hal9k:
- Hack42 ➡️ Revspace
- Shackspace ➡️ Revspace
- Frack ➡️ KellerLab
- RaumZeitLabor ➡️ Hacklabor
- Frack and Bitlair ➡️ Hacklabor
- Hack42 ➡️ Hacklabor
- /dev/tal ➡️ Hacklabor
- 57North Hacklab ➡️ Hacklabor
- Hal9k ➡️ Hacklabor
- Hack42 ➡️ RaumZeitLabor
- HAL9K ➡️ NURDspace
- Hack42 ➡️ NURDspace
- Revspace ➡️ NURDspace
- Frack ➡️ NURDspace
- Shackspace ➡️ NURDspace
List of projects included in the swap.
|Led Cube Print||a Tiny Arduino nano + shift register led cube||Frack||Led_kubus_kit|
|Pixelvloed||A Raspberry Pi Zero + pi2vga + Wifi + Pixelvloed + tft screen pixelvloed server||Frack||Pixelvloed|