|Project: FlatPackers - Build your dream house with two people and a CNC machine|
Amx109 Rol: Werkt aan: Geen projecten :(
|Afgeleid van:||World Domination|
|Projectoverzicht – Project toevoegen|
A project to develop software that will programatically generate plans for a custom designed house, made from wood and cut by a CNC machine.
To allow a small team of people (less than 5) to design and model a custom shaped house on their computer, and build it using a CNC machine and standard sheets of plywood for building material.
Design any organic shape building to be built on any contour of terrain, incorporating design patterns and ideas for
- better standards of living based on proven design patterns
- green/eco and low energy houses
- low cost (sub 30,000 EUR)
- incorporate layout of bathroom tiles etc in wood using CNC
One story building as first design
- use standard off the shelf parts for doors/windows+frames
- footprint limit width to 2.40m (max width of plywood sheets)
- Design house
- Slice house, ready for machine readable design output
- Cut house from wood using cnc
- Build House
There are a couple of basic rules that should be adhered to
- all output from each process should be machine readable
- at the end of every major stage, you should be able to generate a view of the modelled house
- web based
- 3D and 2D element
The slicer will cut at various atomic units. From a house, into its composite floors and walls, all the way down the the panels to produce the boxes that make up the floors/walls.
- House model -> Floor/Wall
- Floor -> boxes
- Wall -> boxes
- Box -> panels
- Develop the various layers of the Slicer
- Start with small scale models to test designs
- Eventually build full size cnc and build structures
Wikihouse - a CC licensed collaborative effort to make CNC'able plans for making houses from sheets of wood.
Grand Designs - CNC made house. First few minutes of this link offers a quick video overview